Director of Member Services & Industry Advancement
Job Description & Primary Responsibilities
Director of Member Services: the Role:
The Director of Member Services is the primary go-to person for the AGC MA membership, driving best practices and innovation to create more value for their businesses. The role is to increase member engagement and satisfaction, a deeper awareness of the value AGC MA offers construction companies, thereby driving member retention and an interest by firms exploring AGC MA membership.
About AGC of Massachusetts:
The Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts (AGC MA) is a vibrant 83-year old trade association representing the interests of commercial builders throughout the Commonwealth. Our CM & GC firms perform the majority of commercial, institutional and vertical public building in the region. We are also supported by a strong contingent of trade contractor, industry supplier and professional services companies.
Here is what you can expect by joining our Team:
Supporting Teams: The AGC MA Board, Staff, Committee Volunteers and Instructors all collaborate to offer exceptional resources, services and advocacy to member firms.
Outstanding Culture: An energetic atmosphere with a results-oriented group of professionals. Every Staff suggestion is appreciated and valued with an open door policy that fosters honest communication
Expectations: We value efficiency, simplicity and working smart. We are the “go to” trade association in Massachusetts for construction industry information, safety, education & training, professional development, and legislative and regulatory advocacy on behalf of CM’s and GC’s.
- Establish and deepen relationships with member firms by understanding their business objectives and providing exceptional support as their primary contact with AGC.
- Conduct robust engagement with members and firms interested in AGC MA on the value and expertise AGC provides re: industry trends, standards, delivery models, safety, professional development, technology, ongoing strategic initiatives, advocacy, etc.
- Identify key technological and industry trends and create awareness and training critical to the success and competitiveness of members.
- Serve as the member’s voice within AGC. Proactively anticipate member needs and recommend action and solutions for immediate and long term resolution.
- Collaborate with Staff on the delivery of creative communications vehicles to engage members and demonstrate the value of AGC.
- Pro-actively embrace and take ownership of creating and launching additional programs, products, services and projects as needed.
Key Specific Functions:
- Report to CEO and collaborate with Staff, Officers, Board, & assigned Committees to strengthen and expand the AGC membership base.
- Communicate with member firms to:
- Demonstrate the “AGC Value Proposition”
- Acquire a greater understanding of the operational needs of our firms
- Increase member awareness of available AGC products, services, and support
- Foster a greater involvement by firms in AGC committees, task forces, and events
- Increase awareness of industry trends and technological advancements
- Report back to Staff and Board to synthesize all data and research for proper response
Required Experience, Qualifications, Skills:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience within the commercial construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to employ a creative approach to new ideas, concepts and methods.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of construction technology (i.e. VDC, BIM, Lean, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability for securing client satisfaction and developing business relationships.
- Proficient writing and communications skills.
- Proven ability to lead by example and drive tasks through to completion.
- Clear internal motivation and desire to exceed expectations to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
A flexible, entrepreneurial work environment and team atmosphere makes AGC a great place to work.
Please submit resume and work history detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Member Services Director” as the subject.
To learn more about AGC and the services we provide, visit www.agcmass.org