Bob Petrucelli Announces Retirement
It is with mixed emotions that we announce AGC MA President & CEO, Bob Petrucelli, is retiring on April 30, 2021. Bob announced his decision in a letter to the Board of Directors this week that stated:
"As you know, COVID has certainly brought things into a new focus and provided an opportunity to reflect on my priorities. As such, after much recent deliberation, I have decided to retire on April 30 after 34 terrific years with AGC...there is no ideal time for this kind of change, but this is a great opportunity for AGC MA."
Bob joined AGC MA as CEO in 1987 and has represented AGC MA on numerous industry task forces that resulted in key accomplishments for both public & private construction, among the most notable:
- The Legislative Commission on Public Construction Reform that allowed Chapter 149A/CM @ Risk on state & local construction projects and created the MA School Building Authority
- Mechanics Lien Law Reform, Prompt Pay, and Retainage Legislation with AGC working with Owners, Subs, and the Building Trades to ensure protections on private projects
- AGC’s Public Contracting Agencies Committee became a trusted voice with major state awarding authorities such as DCAMM, MSBA, MSCBA, MassPort, UMBA and DEP
- Collaboration with BSA, NAIOP, IFMA, ACEC, and other owner groups to create “The Client Advisor”, a nationally acclaimed publication advancing collaboration among stakeholders
- Partnership with ASM that resulted in several AGC/ASM “Generals & Subs: Communicating for Profit” summits
- Heightened awareness of opioid addiction and substance abuse with the ever “Opioid Stand Down Day” attended by Mayor Marty Walsh and covered by national news outlets
- The 2001 gutting and renovation of the current office space at 888 Worcester Street and creation of the AGC Conference Center
- Creation of the Job Site Safety Service, a separate for-profit corporation within AGC
- Chairman of the Board of the ELC, the alliance of all 85 AGC state & local AGC Chapters nationwide in 2012-2013
“I appreciate the many friendships enjoyed over the years and thank all the Members, Staff, Board, and Committees - past and present - who have made this experience a most rewarding one. Of course, I am most appreciative of the encouragement and support my wife Terry, daughters Lauren and Mary Kate, and son-in-law Jimmy have given over the years.” Bob Petrucelli
Well wishes can be sent to Bob at email@example.com.
AGC Search Committee and Transition Process
AGC MA Board Chairman Fran Colantonio has appointed a Search Committee that will publicly advertise for a new CEO beginning Monday, January 18, 2021. The Committee will be reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates prior to turning the process over to a Selection Committee in March.
Attached is a Position Description. Interested parties can apply for the position by submitting resumes to: ResumeAGCMA@gmail.com